Start Months Ahead to Sell a House
Despite our best intentions to plan and organize life, things happen that surprise us. Putting your home on the market involves advance planning, because you need to start months ahead to sell a house.
To insure your home will sell for the highest price, there are a few tasks you’ll need to consider, prioritize and complete:
1) Decide if you will list with a real estate broker. If yes, select one and follow what that person suggests. If no, continue reading the following suggestions, all common to most agents, in all parts of the country.
2) Make a plan, in priority order, how and when to repair, clean and finally de-clutter your home. When you take a moment to stand back and see your surroundings as others see them, you’ll quickly know your priorities.
3) Eliminate all the belongings you won’t keep when you move, since you’ll certainly be moving when your house sells. Go ahead and discard or donate whatever you own that won’t be moving on with you, and that will enhance the appearance of your home showings when the time comes.
4) Unlike cleaning and de-cluttering, making home repairs can be quite costly. Hiring a home inspector is first on the list, which should cost less than $500. It’s an excellent investment if you are listing with a real estate broker and putting your home on the market, because eventually a buyer will hire an inspector and you don’t want to be surprised at their inspection report.
5) With your inspector’s report in hand, prioritize the home repairs as do-it-yourself projects, or hire contractors to complete them. It’s impossible to know the costs of needed home repairs without getting estimates from local contractors.
Can’t Afford Needed Home Repairs to Sell A House?
It might be all the money involved, or it might simply be the time. Locating home remodeling contractors, interviewing them, getting and checking referrals, and then getting a place on their busy schedules can be tricky. And then, in the end, it can be very expensive.
There’s an alternative to this typical, lengthy, often expensive process. Professional home buyers are in the business of purchasing single-family homes, duplexes, apartment buildings and commercial buildings. Your home may be of interest to them, too.
The truth is, you don’t have to start months ahead to sell a house. You can call We Pay Fast at (405) 521-1807 or email us at [email protected] You’ll get connected with a home buyer who can help you avoid the time and money involved in remodeling. We make offers to buy your home just as it is today.